Epiphanies

When you follow your bliss, doors will open where you would not have thought there would be doors and where there wouldn't be a door for anyone else -- Joseph Campbell.

You and I

My newest coherent poem.


You and I

Do you remember how
the rain would fall
in braids and ribbons,
like a lattice, beckoning romance?

We would have played,
you and I,
our faces wet, our faces smiling,
us, letting the drops of rain
fall between our fingers;

The water would have fallen into puddles,
calling me to jump in and walk back
to the playground with you,
to be like little children, just being,
and splashing water on each other with our feet

we would let the raindrops beat music on our backs,
let them awaken the earth,
and in the fragrant midst of lilacs

we would have danced

you and i.

0 comments: